Join Our Newsletter Join Our Newsletter
Alternate Content
Get A Quote

            Earthquake Insurance is in most cases an endorsement to a policy you already have like a Homeowners, Dwelling or Commercial Property policy.  In some cases you must buy a stand-alone policy for Earthquake.  The coverage form is simple it covers you for structural damage due to an earthquake event or a volcano.  To trigger the policy you must sustain damage from a recorded earthquake or volcano eruption.

            The earthquake endorsement/policy will have a deductible that is a percentage of the building value.  The deductibles vary by company the best deductibles are 5% up to in some cases 25%.  Much of this is determined by what earthquake zone you live in.  So with a 100,000 limit on the home with a 5% deductible your deductible for damage from an earthquake would be $5,000.

            Earthquakes tend to damage masonry structures much more than frame or pre-engineered steel structures.  But of course, anything built on a concrete slab will have damage because of the slab being damaged.

            I strongly recommend Earthquake coverage for everyone who owns a home, rental dwellings or commercial buildings.  Commercial building owners need to take the added step of adding it to their contents coverage and their business income and extra expense coverage.  Even in low risk earthquake zones there is possibility of damage from a very severe earthquake.

            We stand by to help you with all of your insurance needs.

My contact info: Andy Herzfeld (Certified Insurance Counselor),(Certified Risk Manager)
Herzfeld Inc. – Owner Office #501-315-3015 Cell #501-317-8291

Posted 4:02 PM  View Comments

Share |

No Comments

Post a Comment
Required (Not Displayed)

All comments are moderated and stripped of HTML.
Submission Validation
Change the CAPTCHA codeSpeak the CAPTCHA code
Enter the Validation Code from above.
NOTICE: This blog and website are made available by the publisher for educational and informational purposes only. It is not be used as a substitute for competent insurance, legal, or tax advice from a licensed professional in your state. By using this blog site you understand that there is no broker client relationship between you and the blog and website publisher.
Blog Archive

View Mobile Version
Home Page About Us Get A Quote Referrals Contact Us Home Page Insurance Broker Websites by Insurance Website Builder Blog Important Links Make A Payment